Join Your Local Chapter
For a membership application, answers to frequently asked questions, or any other membership information, please contact your local chapter office.
Chapter 1 | Northern California
48 CountiesInquire About Membership
Serving the following counties: Alameda | Alpine | Amador | Butte | Calaveras | Colusa | Contra Costa/Solano | Daly City | Del Norte | El Dorado | Fresno | Glenn | Humboldt | Inyo | Kings | Lake | Lassen | Madera | Marin | Mariposa | Mendocino | Merced | Modoc | Mono | Monterey | Napa | Nevada | Placer | Plumas | Sacramento | San Benito | San Francisco | San Joaquin | San Mateo | Santa Clara | Santa Cruz | Shasta | Sierra | Siskiyou | Sonoma | Stanislaus | Sutter | Tehama | Trinity | Tulare | Tuolumne | Yolo | Yuba
Chapter 2 | Los Angeles
Chapter 3 | San Diego
I already belong to the National AAP, why should I become a member of one of the California chapters?
- Increase your knowledge of and participation in legislative and advocacy activities at a local level.
- Increase involvement in the legislative arena to positively influence the quality of pediatric practice and the welfare of children in your state.
- Build coalitions with other organizations working toward improving children’ s health and well-being.
- Promote the interests of California pediatricians in the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Participate in chapter committees in areas of interest.
- Network with other pediatricians with similar interests.
- Improve chapter membership participation on national AAP affairs.
- Receive chapter newsletter, district pediatrician email news, and other informative mailings.
- Attend local Continuing Medical Education meetings sponsored by the Chapter.
- Prepare yourself for the future role of the pediatrician in the health care system and for the future management of their practices.