Resident Advocacy Rotation (RAR)
A collaboration between AAP-CA and CA Pediatric Residency Programs
Educating pediatric residents with skills and real-world, applied experience to fulfill their roles as non-partisan leaders in child health advocacy.
Learning objectives are:
- Understand the roles of pediatrician in advocacy
- Review the basic knowledge of advocacy and the policy process
- Be able to use an advocacy communication skill to contribute to an active advocacy campaign
- Provide opportunities to advocacy for priority child health issues
- Promote collaboration with the AAP and with child advocacy partner organizations
The program will be offered twice a month, each session is 2-hours in length and involves a pre-course exercise, didactic presentations on advocacy basics, current policy highlights and issues, developing communication strategies and concludes with a debrief and evaluation.
Please register here for the program and you will be sent a Zoom link prior to each session.
Contact AAP CA Executive Director, Karmi Ferguson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (916) 621-KIDS (5437) with any questions.
Calendar of RAR Program Sessions: