The AAP-CA Foundation is a 501(c)(3) public charity and charged with applying for and implementing grant-funded activities and programs that further the mission and goals of the AAP-CA.
The AAP-CA Foundation is committed to being a vehicle to obtain grants consistent with the AAP-CA mission and does not compete with grants that the individual CA Chapters might obtain. Therefore, the Foundation only applies for grants that are state-wide or national in scope.
Partial list of grants obtained by the AAP-CA Foundation:
- Abbott Nutrition Grant for Resident Education
- AAP State Preparedness Projects Grant
- AAP Vaccine Hesitancy Education Grant
- California Academy of Family Physicians Health Consequences of Immigration Policies Grant
- Lucile Packard “Keeping Kids Connected” Grant
- Reverse Food Truck Project to address food insecurity and nutritional needs for families, collecting fresh food from farmer’s markets for distribution.
Members of AAP are encouraged to individually support the Foundation. Funds raised will go toward pediatric resident scholarships for various advocacy activities and donations to programs that support the AAP-CA key issues areas.