Educating pediatric residents with skills and real-world, applied experience to fulfill their roles as non-partisan leaders in child health advocacy.
Learning objectives are:
- Understand the roles of pediatrician in advocacy
- Review the basic knowledge of advocacy and the policy process
- Be able to use an advocacy communication skill to contribute to an active advocacy campaign
- Provide opportunities to advocacy for priority child health issues
- Promote collaboration with the AAP and with child advocacy partner organizations
The program will be offered twice a month, each session is 2-hours in length and involves a pre-course exercise, didactic presentations on advocacy basics, current policy highlights and issues, developing communication strategies and concludes with a debrief and evaluation.
2021 calendar of AAP CA Collaborative programs, all courses are from 9:00 am – 11:00 am:
Thursday, October 21
Wednesday, November 3
Thursday, November 18
Wednesday, December 1
Thursday, December 16